Dennis R. Bosse
Versatile Information Technology professional; effective in leveraging technological skills as well as human resources to achieve business objectives. Proven track record of developing and implementing technology for operational and development area needs from start-up through maintenance.
Key competencies include:
- Team Building
- Complex Project Management
- Customer Relations
- Technical Solution Consulting
UnitedHealth Group 06/1997 – Present
Manager, New Technology | 02/2011 – Present
- Investigate new technology items to improve the business-computing environment to address issues, streamline processes and lower the total cost of ownership of the desktop computing environment; including virtualization, thin computing, mobilization and IT consumerization.
- Interviewing and on boarding of 8+ engineers, growing the team by 200%.
- Facilitate project and task assignments and resources.
Results – all projects delivered on time with high customer satisfaction, awarded annual bonus for effective project management.
Senior IT Architect / Analyst – Lead, Desktop Engineering | 11/2007 – 06/1997
- Implemented standard desktop through operating system and hardware standards for 100,000 nodes. Responsible for researching and developing new build processes. Product ownership (SME) for Windows OS, XP – Vista – Windows 7.
- Windows 7 deployment – proposed implementation of windows 7 via a life-cycle process, across 100,000 devices. Projected savings estimated to be savings of 24 million dollars.
- Product evaluations performed via a data driven decision matrix. List, qualify and rank key product attributes then perform proof of concept testing to validate findings. This produces a data driven model for selecting best in class products as they pertain to the given business requirement or issue resolution.
- Power management project: Projected savings estimated to be recoup for cost of software in 8 months, savings of $400,000.00 in year one, savings of 1.2 million / year in years 2 – 4
Results – modular build process allowing for faster image updates, with reduced testing cycles.
Senior IS Architect – MS Product owner | 10/2006 – 11/2007
- Application product owner for all Microsoft products including operating systems.
- Upgraded all packages to latest release and deployed per N-1 standard across 55,000 desktops.
- Developed and documented the application ownership role including key intake / output processes.
- Served as application SME and escalated support as necessary, coordinated support cases with Microsoft Premier.
- Facilitated the Microsoft Premiere agreement, responsible for approving access to specific business segment contract portals and licensing areas.
Results – Implemented an N-1 application portfolio across 43 applications
Desktop Engineering / UCL Architect | 06/2003 – 10/2006
- Architect and designed the United Certification Lab. Implemented segmented networks and processes to facilitate the quality checks of application packaging and deployment. The project started for one specific product and was quickly applied across all deployment activities.
Results – Savings per deployment exceeded 20,000.00 and avoided over 10,000 hours of lost productivity.
Operating System Consultant / Lead, promoted – lead, server engineering team | 09/2000 – 06/2003
- 2001 – Security operations project, post Nimda / Code red, started the process for patch management testing and deployment.
Results – Saved over $200,000.00 via negotiations of security implementation product site license.
Senior Operating System Analyst – Server Engineering Team | 06/1997 – 09/2000
- Implementation of a complex client server technology with an integrated NT desktop.
- Architect and implemented a multiple master domain model to accommodate over 30,000 users.
- Configuration of NT servers and backup strategies.
- Deployment and management using SMS.
- Designed and implemented the Lotus Notes Domain and hardware platform.
Results – Defined standard server hardware platform. Created standard build process reducing build times by 60% and eliminating 80% of rework . Compaq ASE certified. Microsoft Windows MCSE.